Monday 11 July 2016

Toot Toot

Whilst walking at Consall Country Park, yesterday morning, we spotted a range of orchids flowering in the woodland edges and fields.  I love to see orchids, but on this occasion I had not got a suitable camera with me to do them justice.
Whilst walking by the canal, we heard the sound of a diesel train.  I did have my L500 camera, which is OK with such subject matter.  Shortly afterwards we heard the toot toot of a steam engine and were delighted to see both trains in the station at Consall.
It is a rare occasion to see two trains in this station, sandwiched between the canal and the road to the pub.
We watched "Hotspur" (TKb 2944) pull out of the station first.  This is the latest serviceable addition to the Churnet Valley Railway train-sheds.
"Sophie" (33102) pulled out of the station a few minutes later in the opposite direction, passing the Black Lion pub on its way.  I enjoy seeing these classic engines in action.
Both of these engines were sporting a plate with "CVR Rail Ale Trail Special" on.  I suspect this is a pub crawl event!

NB. The annual Rail Ale Trail takes place over the weekend of July 8/9/10, in conjunction with the Titanic Brewery.

No comments: