Saturday 8 October 2016

Flight Sim 2016

This morning was to be my day at Flight Sim 2016 at RAF Cosford.  Lunch and notes packed, I pulled the car out of the garage and "ping" the handbrake fell apart - good start.
That was 3 hours spent at Malvern Tyres in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent - they did an excellent job in difficult circumstances.
By noon, I had purchased a newspaper, consumed coffee, and watched cars being fixed.  Having dropped the newspaper at home in my repaired vehicle, I decided to drive down to Cosford for the afternoon.  It was worth it (Though the goody bag was a bit sparse at that time of day).
The stalls were in hanger 1 and I was pleased by the quality of the split screens that were on display.
All of the latest controllers and wide screens were available to try out and the virtual headsets were showing this year - they are much improved if you don't mind being enclosed in a virtual bubble.
The main reason for going was to hear Austin Meyer's talk on the new X-Plane 11.  This looks like a significant improvement to the simulation, bringing commercial and entertainment simulations much closer to the real world look.  Now I know what I want for Christmas.

No comments: