Thursday 20 October 2016

Martin Pursglove RIP

Today we cremated my only brother Martin Pursglove

http://www.pursglove.org.uk/counties/notts/warsop.htm

A life such as his cannot be summed up in a few words.


Martin making friends with a pigeon at Riber Castle Zoo
Martin Photographing me photographing Martin at RAF Newton
Hanging out at Mansfield Mines Rescue Station in the 1970's
Martin and a group of Scouts atop a big hill
Just time for a quick tea break at the Warsop Scout Camp in the 1980's
Martin with his son David at Rufford Park.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Hello Paul

Followed the links and caught up with Martin so to speak (your Dad too).

Not much one can say other han we thought f you on the day.

See you soon, I'm sure.

Love

Robert

Unknown said...

Hello Paul, a few years ago I gamed with your brother quite often. We would drop a note once in awhile. He didn't let on that he was not doing so well. I didn't know of his passing till a fellow gamer from Wales contacted me with the sad news. Deepest condolences to all from across the pond. Eric Svalland aka Kurgan

Pterosaur said...

Eric - Martin's death from a severe heart attack was sudden and unexpected and shocked us all. I suspect the condition was masked by the constant discomfort from his disability. He was a community worthy in Forest Town and he will be missed by very many people. He also had an On-Line presence and knew a lot of gamers and RAF friends, many of whome are unknown to us. I shall put his obituary on the Pursaglove One-Name Study site when I have the copy.